Home Access Update
Service Pack 3
Please read carefully the description of the Service Pack before downloading it to make sure that it corresponds to the license you have bought.
To verify the build number, click the MindView Button, click MindView Options in the bottom right and choose the Resources panel.
- Make sure MindView is NOT running.
- Download the .msp file from the link below.
- Double click to run the program.
The program will execute and install itself.
- Once complete, you can start MindView.
- Verify it has been updated: click the MindView Button, click MindView Options in the bottom right and choose the Resources panel.
If you are experiencing problems when installing the service pack releases, please try uninstalling the entire product and reinstall from the original CD before applying the service pack(s).
English MindView 3 for Home Access
This Service Pack is for the following English MindView 3 Home Access version only:
If the Service Pack is applied successfully, the build number will be updated to 175.
If the installation does not start when double-clicking the .msp file:
You can download the patch helper:
- Choose Start - Run
- Type: msiexec /p <path to .msp file>
(example: msiexec /p c:\temp\mv3homeaccess_sp3b175.msp)
Download (36 KB)
Special info for system administrators:
To patch the admin installation of MindView 3 Business:
- Choose Start - Run
- Type: msiexec /p <path to .msp file> /a <path
to admin .msi file>
Note: This only applies to admin installations of
MindView 3 Business, i.e. installed
where 'x' = CD-ROM drive letter
This Service Pack contains the following changes:
MindView for Home Access Service Pack 3:
- For novice users and younger students, a simplified user interface is now available in MindView, presenting only the most commonly used menus and commands. To activate this simplified interface, click the MindView Button, click MindView Options in the bottom right of the dialog, open the Preferences tab and check "Show simplified user interface". You can go back to the full interface at any time by unchecking this option.
- When exporting to HTML, you can now choose to create a SCORM compatible package and specify details for the course such as name, title, description, keywords and manifest identifier.
- Left view: The left arrow key is now working as expected when the root is selected.
- Map view: Panning the view by pressing Shift while drag the workspace with the mouse no longer causes display problems.
- Branch labels: Various problems have been resolved in the branch text editor.
- When selecting an object in the Object List the branch containing the object is now made visible in the view.
- When inserting a picture on a branch, the picture Browse dialog now remembers the folder used last, including on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Find/Replace: Various problems have been resolved.
- Attachments whose filename contain national characters are now handled correctly in packed documents.
- Closing the document immediately after deleting a branch no longer causes MindView to freeze in some circumstances.
- Word Export:
- Picture files attached from a network path are now embedded in the Word document if that is the chosen export option, rather than always inserted as links.
- Attachments whose filenames contain national characters are now handled correctly.
- Word Import:
- Text notes and attachments/hyperlinks are now imported as expected.
- Hyperlinks to ftp or https sites are now imported as hyperlinks as expected.
- PowerPoint Export:
- If the MindView document is packed, images will now always be embedded in the PowerPoint document.
- Branches containing only an Excel file or a file of unknown type are now exported as expected even if "Include empty sub-branches" has been unchecked.
- HTML Export:
- Visually enhancements have been made so that the same result is obtained when using different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer).
- The problems occurring in the case of multiple branches with the same name have been solved.
- Comments are now included in the export as expected.
- The position of objects positioned manually with the Object Placement feature is now saved with the export template.
- The template sidebars now display as expected in Chrome.
- Various enhancements have been made to the license activation system.