Mediator 7 Service Pack
Service Pack 5
IMPORTANT: You should not install a Service Pack if you are close to a deadline and don't have any specific problems. We recommend that you check your projects after applying a Service Pack.
- Make sure Mediator is NOT running.
- Download the .EXE file from the link below.
- Once downloaded, double click to run the program.
- The program will execute and install itself.
- When finished you can start Mediator.
- Verify it has updated: Select Help|About from the main menu.
The build number must be 180 or 181 if the service pack is applied successfully.
Service Pack Download Links
Mediator 7 Exp
Mediator 7 Pro
Mediator 7 Pro - School Version
Mediator 7 Std
Service Pack 5:
- The Open Doc action no longer causes Mediator to freeze when you switch between 2 projects in Test mode with Mediator Designer.
- Animating a polygon object while moving the mouse in/out of the object no longer causes Mediator to freeze.
- Transparent and rotated pictures no longer cause Mediator to freeze in some situations when only parts of the object are drawn.
- Picture Object: The Mouse Up event is now always triggered even if the mouse pointer is no longer inside the object.
- The File Open dialog no longer causes Mediator to freeze when the list of recent files refers to a removable drive which does not contain any support. This applies to all File Open dialogs including the Picture and Video Open File dialogs.
- A number of other issues have been fixed.
Previous Service Pack Updates
- Reveal effects: 4.0 bug fixed
- Master page: if you rename a master page the new name is now updated on pages referring to the master page.
- Auto-naming of actions optimized. Increased speed when editing pages with many actions.
- Mediator no longer hangs when changing the sound on a sound resource which is already running.
- Animation Track - Should not ask to remove "Path Position" track when changing object
- Variables dialog shortcut (Ctrl+F9) not working when Events dialog has focus.
- Animating/rotating a polygon will sometimes leave pixels on the screen if frame width > 1
- When moving input fields (at the top right corner) the graphic doesn't work properly
- Multimedia Catalog error when you open User tab (French version)
- Set Property action - When you check "Value as expression" that text field does not have focus
- Possible crash if you try to add arrows to a single point "polygon"
- Crash when creating a new text object and user does not have read/write access to mediator.dat
- Crash if ActiveX control has a set property that causes the current window to lose focus
- (Soft) reveal effect crash
- If you create an EXE (direct) Advanced Distribution and do NOT select BugBuster, the exe file does not work. It only opens the runtime file.
- Crash when playing some uncompressed sounds
- Possible crash in Undo when the page contains object variables
- If you copy a page into the Multimedia Catalog and re-paste it immediately (without having closed the Catalog in the meantime) Mediator crashes.
- Crash when using flash device fonts and scrollbar
- Polygon arrows are not displayed correctly if you select values higher than 1 for the width of the line
- Object properties are saved when you exit test mode
- If you enable scrollbar and then apply shadow to a list box, the scrollbar no longer works.
- The Open MD8 action loses the page name in Mediator 7 EXP.
- Additional program files - insert wrong path in IPJ file
- Sounds do not work in HTML export if you have Windows Media Player 9.0 installed.
- Copy - paste is not working (hard copy from the screen)
- If you have a project with a custom shape window which opens a full screen fixed size project, this 2nd project is displayed within the mask of the 1st project.
- When pasting text into the text object, from Word for instance, you get some illegal characters.
- Text (for instance on buttons) using MS Sans Serif and other system fonts is invisible.
- Effects are always 500 ms, instead of using the customized times.
- Mediator-Link in HTML Export still has the Mediator 6 URL.
- Presentation in window mode: If you drag the area (the presentation) outside the screen and back in again, the Active Document area is black.
- If you have a scrollable picture for which you enable drag / auto scroll, shadow and glow, drag / auto scroll does not work any more.
- The File Write action does not set the Result variable.
- Sound Volume action crash
- The transparent background becomes visible if you show/hide an image with an implode/explode effect.
- Print to File does not apply the .rtf extension automatically in the German version of Mediator 7 Pro and Mediator 7 EXP.
- If three similar (same filename) animated GIF's are placed on a page and exported to Flash, only one of the GIF's is shown on the page.
- A drop target does not get the On Drop event when covered by an invisible object.
- Some MP3's play too slowly in Flash export.
- Text search is not working when a text object is included in a group.
- Web Links update in both Mediator and the redirect page
- Pages with many objects cause the Flash Player to crash.
- In addition to all the above-mentioned issues, multiple other minor issues have been fixed.