ScreenCorder 5 Service Pack
Service Pack 2
Includes Service Pack 1 and 2 if they are not already installed.
IMPORTANT:To verify the build number, select Help | About from the main menu. If the service pack is downloaded and applied successfully, the Build number will be updated to ‘54’.
- Make sure ScreenCorder is NOT running.
- Download the .msp file from the link below.
- Double click to run the program.
The program will execute and install itself.
- Once complete, you can start ScreenCorder.
- Verify it has been updated: Select Help | About from the main menu.
The build number must be ‘54’ if the service pack is applied successfully.
Service Pack Download Links
If the Service Pack is applied successfully, the build number will be updated to 64.
If the installation does not start when double-clicking the .msp file:
- Choose Start - Run
- Type: msiexec /p <path to .msp file>
(example: msiexec /p c:\temp\sc5_b50_and_b52_to_b54_en_patch.msp)
Service Pack 2 Updates
- ScreenCorder 5 will now check automatically if further service packs are available.
- The Multimedia Catalog now has a User Area where the user can store favorite images.
- Images added to a recording now have a "Original Size" option in their local menu to enable the user to reset the image to its original size.
- Objects from the Multimedia Catalog now have a "Show Fill" property that can be unchecked to allow the object to be used as a transparent frame for highlighting areas of interest in the recording.
- Several new graphic objects have been added to the Multimedia Catalog.
- It is no longer necessary to insert the original ScreenCorder CD when uninstalling or updating ScreenCorder 5.
- Using "File | Save As..." to save a project under a different file name no longer appends the new file names to the old file names.
- ScreenCorder 5 no longer freezes when opening, editing or exporting very large projects.
- It is now possible to select the recording area on a dual monitor as expected.
- Using the mouse scroll wheel for navigating through very long recordings now works as expected.
- Adding a quiz immediately after another quiz no longer causes ScreenCorder 5 to freeze.
Service Pack 1 Updates
- ScreenCorder 5 now supports Windows Vista.
- Webcam objects now have an additional property called "Audio/Video sync. correction", which can be used to correct the small synchronization problems that may occur between the audio and the video. This depends on the type of the webcam being used.
- The Microsoft Word document created when exporting snapshots is now based on a default template.
- Webcam audio and video now stay synchronized after insertion of a still image.