Start Mind Mapping Now!
- Professional Mind Mapping
- Best MS Office Integration
- Build-in Gantt chart & Timeline
- Templates & Tutorials
Constructivist Approach - Gregory - Mind Map
- Gregory's (1972) Theory of indirect perception
- Intro to Constuctivist Approach
- Percieving - Combining information from the senses with what we already know.
- Constructivist - Perception must be constructed from this incomplete input.
- Top-Down processes help 'fill the gaps'
- Top-Down, Recognition Driven Perception
- Top Down - The image arriving on the retina is incomplete and needs to be 'worked on' by stored knowledge, past experiences e.t.c.
- Recognition Driven: The end point of perception is to correctly identify what we are looking at.
- Key Principles
- Sense input is insufficient for perception. There is a need for an interaction between sensory input and knowledge
- Much of the information that reaches one's eye is lost by the time it reaches the brain.
- Perception involves hypothesis testing to make sense of information from our sense organs
- Incorrect hypotheses will lead to perceptual errors
- Hypothesis Testing
- At first glance, the photo looks like random blobs.
- If one is told what this image is, the image will resolve itself.
- The photo has not changed although your knowledge about the image has changed.
- It allows you to generate a reasonable hypothesis of what the figure contains.
More Maps by This User