Start Mind Mapping Now!
- Professional Mind Mapping
- Best MS Office Integration
- Build-in Gantt chart & Timeline
- Templates & Tutorials
Web Demonstrating Use of Literature - Mind Map
- World War II: Pearl Harbor
- Literature Circle Reading
- What Was Pearl Harbor? by Patricia Brennan, Pearl Harbor by Stephan Krensky, Under the Blood-Red Sun by Graham Salisbury
- Pearl Harbor Attack (Sterling Point Books Series) by Edwin P. Hoyt, Pearl Harbor: The U.S. Enters World War II by Steve Dougherty, Attack on Pearl Harbor: The Day America Enter World War II by Shelley Tanaka, World War II: 133 Fascinating Factor for Kids by David Railton
- Independent Reading
- Nonfiction: Bombing of Pearl Harbor by Sue Bradford Edwards, Pearl Harbor by Don Nardo, The Attack on Pearl Harbor by Laurie Collier Hillstrom, Pearl Harbor by Adam Woog
- Fiction: A Boy at War by Harry Mazer, From Here to Eternity by James Jones, My Friend the Enemy by J.B. Cheaney, I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 ( I Survived #4) by Lauren Tarshis
- Reading-Writing Connections
- Find old newspaper articles about Pearl Harbor and summarize the articles by answering the five questions journalists must answer tin their writing: Who, What, When, Where, and Why?
- Interview a survivor and write about their experience.
- Interview someone that was alive at that time and write about their feelings towards it.
- From a few of the readings, list and describe some heroes from Pearl Harbor.
- What are some reasons why Pearl Harbor happened?
- How did we as a country fight back?
- How did we as a country grow from this tragedy?
- Group or individual projects
- Making poster boards filled with images and captions explaining that day.
- Making a powerpoint to described what happened that day.
- Having a guest speaker come to the class, who was a survivor from Pearl Harbor.
More Maps by This User