MindView Mac is now certified as Truly Accessible to all users
True accessibility in software means it’s accessible to all people, regardless of disability type or severity of impairment. At MatchWare we have worked with the Digital Accessibility Centre
to ensure MindView Mac Assistive Technology Edition
is truly accessible to all.
As a result of this work we are delighted to announce that MindView Mac AT has been accredited compliant as an accessible tool for people with a disability, in line with WCAG 2.0. Testing was conducted by a team of experienced analysts, all of whom have a disability. User testing has included individuals who are blind, have low vision, are dyslexic, colour blind, mobility impaired, have a learning difficulty and also deafness.
Included in the changes we have made to MindView Mac AT to achieve this accreditation are:
- Added integration with VoiceOver with Full Access to Dictation and Navigation of Software with Voice Only Commands
- Full Keyboard Only Access Short-Cuts
- Change Color Contrast of the User Interface
- Change Color Contrast of Default Document Style
- Colour Contrast Defaults with Document Styles
- Clear Descriptions of Interface Controls for Visually Impaired Users
- Improved voice feedback on making changes to the document
“MindView Mac was accredited by the DAC to ensure best user experience for users with disabilities in line with WCAG 2.0 Accessibility Standards. MindView was also tested to work with Dragon® and with the build-in MacOS accessibility tools like VoiceOver and Text to speech. We are delighted by the commitment shown by MatchWare to produce a truly accessible Mind Mapping Software.”
Gavin Evans – Director of Operations, Digital Accessibility Centre